Are you a ResoLoser?
There are 2 types of New Year’s Resolution-ists: those who follow through with their yearly promises, about 8%, and the other 92% who quickly become ResoLosers. While many articles exist to offer you tip and tricks that will encourage you to become an 8 percenter, you and I both know what you’re here for: validation for all of the things you are doing right to stay comfy in that 92%.
- You let your fear of discomfort keep control over you.
- You like following what’s trendy.
- You don’t set aside time to sit down and plan the breakdown of your goals.
- You do not set small goals every day to chip away at those large goals.
- If you don’t do #4, you ignore your goals daily and try to cram in all the progress once a week (just like studying in high school!)
- You do not plan your days intentionally.
- You do not have a coach to help hold you accountable.
- You are spontaneous! But not in a “dance in the rain” type of way, more so in a “I’m spontaneously ordering french fries” kinda way.
- You would much rather invest in that value meal than that coach.
- You stay comfortable… your current ways have kept you alive so far!
- You live vicariously through your favorite movie.
- You join the Facebook support group that supports your resolutions, but never post in said group. You’ll just watch from afar and “like” other people’s progress.
- You are not okay with disappointing others, but you are okay with disappointing yourself.
- You know that you don’t have enough time in the day to stick to your goals, but you know where the snooze button is!
- You chalk up being a ResoLoser to a quirky character flaw that’s trendy and cute.
Change can be daunting. 1,000 push-ups is impossible after all (even if it is less than 3 per day if done daily). You love the person you are right now. Wouldn’t change a thing. And in twenty years, I’ll bet you hope that you’re exactly the same. Because hey- it works!
I would LOVE to hear your ResoLoser story. Just hashtag it #ResoLoser and I’ll find it. Happy New Year!